Diesel Mechanic $2,500 Sign On BonusCall Today! (888) 803-4023
Fayetteville AR, Bentonville AR, Siloam Springs AR
Hurricane Express provides our Driver Team Members with the finest Class 8 tractor-trailer equipment in the industry. Our custom Peterbilt trucks are the talk of the industry and a source of pride for the talented group of Diesel Mechanics that diagnose, maintain, and repair our equipment to keep our fleet running at peak performance. Our Maintenance team is top-notch and well respected in the industry.
Do you have the technical skills and desire to fit in with the best Diesel Mechanics in the business, and at least 3 years of practical experience with Class 8 tractor maintenance?
If so, Hurricane Express is the place for you to grow in your career, and work on the best equipment in the industry.
Use your natural eye for details, ability to diagnose complex problems, and a hard-working spirit to make a difference!
Open interviews are held at our office on
Tuesdays & Thursdays from 10am - 2pm
Stop by and ask for James
5624 Hwy 412 Colcord, OK
Competitive pay starts at $ 18.00 to $ 24.00, depending on experience.
Now offering a $ 2,500 Sign-on Bonus !!
· Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services on Class 8 tractors
- Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order
- Maintain work area appearance and safety
- Road test vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery
- Adjust and replace brakes, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment
- Raise tractors, and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers and meters
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, and maintain Tripac APUs
Qualifications & Experience
- 3+ years practical experience with Class 8 tractor maintenance experience required
- Certified to perform Annual inspections in accordance with 49 CFR 396.17
- Certified to inspect, maintain and repair air brake systems in accordance with FMCSA 396.25
- Vocational/Technical or certification preferred
- Specialized training in the repair and replacement of vehicle components preferred
- Proficiency in the use of shop tools required
- Current Class A CDL preferred
- Basic computer skills preferred for data entry into maintenance systems
- Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Must have tools and toolbox suitable for a diesel mechanic